Slanty Shanty Show #13 - Back from the Dead Across America!
It's been two years since the last Slanty Shanty show took place in the Slanty Shanty itself, deep in the heart of Madison, Wisconsin's Greenbush neighborhood...
...and now...despite barriers of thousands of miles of beautiful American territory from the glorious greenery of Klief Park...we're back!
HERE's THE SHOW
In this thirteenth installment, Bob joins the conversation from Idaho, while Brad rings in from New Orleans. Why did we do it? To quote ZZ Top: "cuz we're bad, and we're nationwide."
We put out a whopping 16-minute long show, dressed in the technical wizardry of the man in Spudland.
1. We're back!
3. G-unit of Guamanians?
3B - the history of Guam's acquisition...tangent alert!
4. Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull
- Chronic - what- kles of Narnia?!?
5. The Battle of Stalingrad, or The Continuing Story of the Democratic Prez Primary (cue ominous music shift)
+ Bob feels sympathy for Hillary Clinton?
+ SHE's gonna be in this to the convention - SHE's gonna try to take Obama
6. Brass band music, perhaps
7. McCain's VP? The BBQ boys - Jindal, Crist, Romney
8. More - Probably something else, too - Obama is NOT a Muslim - Madam Clinton
9. Bloviating's never felt so good - "the year of big starpower"
- Jindal's on the horizon
10. Signing off
11. Woo hoo!
- Things we didn't talk about but should have - New Orleans Chinese spy pleaded guilty today, UW-Madison has a new chancellor, etc.
Musica for this one: CCR, Youngblood Brass Band, Offspring, etc.
~ Special thanks to Phil E for the use of a mic headset down on the Crescent City side.
And, as always, if you'd like to be a guest on the Slanty Shanty Show, get in touch!